The University of North Carolina undergraduate through train is an innovative course designed by Shanghai Jiaotong University and the University of North Carolina Innovation Course Center based on the characteristics of Chinese students. It is suitable for Chinese students who have an excellent degree of education and wish to study in a famous American university and reduce some credits. This project connects the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina State University, which are certified by the Ministry of Education, and aims to create a real, authentic Western education environment for students, help students quickly master foreign learning methods, adapt to overseas life in advance, shorten The study abroad adaptation cycle ensures a smooth transition for students. After one year of study, students can not only smoothly realize the transition from Chinese-style education methods to American-style education methods, but also to a certain extent possess the language skills, professional knowledge, and learning skills required for foreign professional study, and finally achieve some credits. Conversion.
University of North Carolina Program Advantages
The University of North Carolina uses the most advanced information technology to bring credit courses from prestigious American universities to China for the first time. By taking credit courses at the University of North Carolina, students can experience real American university classes, obtain globally recognized credit certificates, and lay a solid foundation for studying in the United States. The ten advantages of innovative courses are:
1. Credit courses of famous universities in the United States. Senior professors teach at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Provide official transcripts from the University of North Carolina, credits worldwide, and seamless integration into undergraduate studies.
2. Innovative teaching experience. Learn from the advantages of both China and the United States, introduce new teaching methods, and apply advanced information technology to make all course materials online. Students can learn about the learning process and check their academic performance at any time through the Internet, tablet computers, and smart phones.
3. Small class teaching, full-time tutoring by professional assistants, and full immersion in American university classrooms. Every student has ample opportunity to communicate directly with the professor and make more preparations for students to study in the United States.
4. While learning professional knowledge, effectively improve academic English ability and application level. The curriculum includes a humanities and general education section, which guides students to better understand the American social and cultural background, education model, and campus culture, and helps students more strategically meet the challenges of studying in the United States.
5. All-round increase the competitiveness of students applying for prestigious American schools. Based on the top 100 universities in the United States, look at famous universities in the United States, and have the opportunity to get a recommendation letter from American professors, which will increase core competitiveness for applications.
Direct transfer of 6 credits, more than 300 majors to choose from;
1. Strong teachers and humane and strict management: Shanghai Jiao Tong University and the University of North Carolina are jointly taught by special teachers, and full-time class teachers, teaching assistants and life teachers are fully managed.
2. Direct reduction and exemption of foreign preparatory courses: Effectively save students' study abroad costs by more than 200,000 and shorten the transition time
3. Full-track tracking service: from enrollment to application, from examination to visa, from overseas pick-up to foreign university study, all one-to-one follow-up guidance; from time to time, meetings of famous overseas schools are held so that students and parents can choose the right university profession.
University of North Carolina credit course introduction
Students are required to complete 6-12 credits at the University of North Carolina in a one-year program. The University of North Carolina has three credits per course, so students need to complete two to four courses in one year.
When enrolling, students need to list their priorities based on the 4 public courses offered by the University of North Carolina.
The list of public courses offered by the University of North Carolina includes:
2. Statistics Statistics
3. US Government and Policy American Policy and Government
4. American History
The University of North Carolina will select 2 to 4 courses with high popularity as the main courses of the program according to the courses selected by all program applicants.
The University of North Carolina credit courses taken by students during the "Study Abroad" project phase can be used to offset the credits of undergraduate courses formally taken at the University of North Carolina to meet the requirements for undergraduate graduation and bachelor's degree and save tuition .
The undergraduate program at the University of North Carolina is a full-time one-year course, with two semesters of 45 weeks from July to June. One week at the end of each semester is the test week. An average of 30 lessons per week. Students are also required to have at least 20 additional hours of tuition per week.
|Basic Quality Module||Field survival training||Hone your will and strengthen your organization and coordination|
|Internship Module||Improve social cognition and awareness of crisis and responsibility|
|English Proficiency Module||TOEFL Foundation||Consolidate the foundation of English and systematically improve English application ability; Improve the TOEFL test level; successfully get the ideal score|
|Famous University Sprint Module (Elective)||SAT1|| Full exposure to the SAT1 and SAT2 exam content, familiar with the question type, |
Grasp exam trends, conduct SAT combat simulations, and improve exam results
|Professional Academic Module||Academic English|| Pre-learn and master the basic professional knowledge of foreign public courses, solid academic foundation, |
Improving the learning ability of professional courses, appropriately transferring some credits, and reducing the stress of studying abroad
|American History and Culture|
|Quality Extension Module||American University Expedition|| Promote the basic adaptability and communication skills of foreign students in advance, and understand the characteristics of American historical and cultural behavior; |
Visit foreign universities and experience the lifestyle of foreign universities for yourself
|Speech and eloquence|
|Overseas study guidance|
1. Graduated from high school, the English test score of the college entrance examination reached more than 75%
． 2 ． English score: equivalent to 5.5 in IELTS or 70 in TOEFL (with transcript)
3． Passed our school's admission test and a direct interview from a foreign school
Registration fee: 500 yuan (non-refundable)
： 88000元 Domestic tuition : 88,000 yuan
Course registration fee: $ 150
Tuition: USD 7,500 ~ USD 15,000 (including 6-12 credits).
1. Two courses (6 credits) in Mathematics and American History are required courses of the through train course, and the other two courses are optional.
2.Excluding teaching materials, accommodation and third party fees
免费提供5所国外大学咨询规划及申请指导 3. Free consultation and application guidance for 5 foreign universities
After passing the assessment, those who pass the examination will receive the Shanghai Jiaotong University Study Abroad Certificate and the University of North Carolina's transcript and course completion certificate. This is an important basis for evaluating students at the University of North Carolina.